The competition is for the best submission by an individual of a technical paper or essay, or Power Point Presentation, on any fire related subject; fire engineering, fire prevention or fire science. It is sponsored by Hochiki Europe Ltd and supported by Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd.
The competition is open to any individual employed in the fire safety industry or to members of the general public with an interest in fire safety, and entries are not restricted to residents in the UK, the Competition is open to entries Worldwide.
Submissions from entrants fewer than 18 years of age at the submission closing date must be accompanied by written consent from a parent or legal guardian.
Submissions must be in English, be no longer than 5,000 words nor less that 2,000 words and may be accompanied by diagrams or photographs. However, the judges reserve the right to reject any submission that contains excessive or unwarranted use of brand names. There is no limit to the number of papers that an entrant may submit.
Papers can be submitted as hard copy by mail, or can be emailed. In either case the submission must be headed IFPO Technical Trophy Competition 2015. Neither the Institute of Fire Prevention Officers; nor Hochiki (Europe) Ltd; nor Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd, can be held responsible for the safe arrival of submissions; regrettably, it will not be possible to confirm safe receipt of submissions or return submissions (including photographs and diagrams).
Submissions should be typed on white A4 paper. Pages should be numbered, and the last page must also include the entrant’s full postal address, email address, and daytime and evening telephone numbers.
The closing date for entries to be received by the Institute of Fire Prevention Officers is Friday 19th September 2015.
Postal submissions should be addressed to:
Technical Trophy Competition, IFPO House, 29 Snydale Road, Normanton WF6 1NT.
e-mail Submissions to: email@example.com
Entrants are responsible for obtaining any permission that may be necessary regarding the taking or inclusion of photographs, diagrams or the content of his or her paper or papers, and submissions will be accepted on the understanding that the entrant has sole ownership of the photographs or diagrams, or has obtained in writing any required permissions, and must state the author’s references for any material they use which is not their own.
By submitting a paper, the entrant is agreeing to indemnify both the Institute of Fire Prevention Officers, Hochiki Europe Ltd and Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd of any potential claims or resultant actions arising from (but not limited to) breach of copyright, and that any legal action brought will revert to the entrant.
Entrants assign his or her own copyright to any submissions jointly to the Institute of Fire Prevention Officers, Hochiki Europe Limited and Sheila Pantry Associates Limited. Any submissions, including the winner’s details and photograph, may be used by all the organisations at any time following the competition. Details of the winning submission will be included on the Institute of Fire Prevention Officers website www.ifpo.org.uk
The winner will receive:
- the sculpted glass trophy, which will be presented by the Institute’s Chairman and Directors of Hochiki Europe Ltd at the Institute’s 2015 Annual General Meeting in London.
- a commemorative certificate awarded by the Institute,
- one year’s membership subscription to the Institute and
- one year’s subscription to FIREINF, (formerly Fire, Emergency and Preparedness Worldwide), donated by Sheila Pantry OBE, Director of Sheila Pantry Associates Limited.
A panel of judges will decide on the winning submission and the judges’ decision is final. This panel will comprise members of the Institute’s Executive Council who will recommend the winner to the Directors of Hochiki Europe Limited. Only the winner will be notified.
The competition is not open to employees, past or present, or family members of Hochiki Europe Limited, or to Executive Council members or elected officers of the Institute of Fire Prevention Officers.
The Organisers and Sponsors of this Competition operate an Equal Opportunities Policy
The Organisers, Sponsors and Supporters of this competition are:
- The Institute of Fire Prevention Officers Tel.:+44(0)20-8651-5174 e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hochiki Europe (UK) Ltd. Grosvenor Road, Gillingham Business Park, Gillingham, Kent ME8 OSA United Kingdom. Tel: + 44 (0) 1634-260-133 e-mail email@example.com www.hochikieurope.com
- Sheila Pantry Associates Ltd. 85 The Meadows, Todwick, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S26 1 JG United Kingdom. Tel: + 44 (0) 1909-771-024 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org www.sheilapantry.com www.fireinf.com www.oshupdate.com www.shebuyersguide.com www.oshworld.com